Published on May 9th, 2014 | by Gweekly News0
Gweekly News Desk #5 – Call of Spacey, and Nintendo lost some money.
or click here
This week Andrew professes his love for Kevin Spacey as he starts to binge watch House of Cards after seeing the new Call of Duty trailer. We talk about the Power Rangers Reboot reboot movies, what shows are cancelled and renewed and then a whole bunch of video game news as Nintendo reports to have lost $456 million dollars for the fiscal year and Activision reports to have spent $500 million on Destiny. Also a whole bunch more, sorry if it’s a bit longer than normal.
- Power Rangers Reboot http://nerdbastards.com/2014/05/07/lionsgate-announces-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-movie-reboot/
- A Slight trick of the mind http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/07/laura-linney-a-slight-trick-of-the-mind/
- Insidious Chaper 3: Leigh Whannell, screenwriter and co-star of both Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2, is set to make his directorial debut with the third installment of the popular franchise. Whannell will take the reigns from franchise co-creator James Wan. The film is due out April 3, 2015.
- Kevin Conroy returns to voice batman in “Batman:Assault on Arkham” set in the video games universe, government recruits a group of villains to infiltrate Arkham Asylum and get back top secret info stolen by the Riddler.
- Star Wars Rebels Trailer (link on facebook.) Comes out this Fall.
- Orange is the new black renewed for season 3. Is netflix binge model good? http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/yes-orange-is-the-new-black-has-been-renewed-for-season-3/
- Gotham gets a 2 minute trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI
- 24 Live another day has aired it’s two part season premiere and the reviews are very positive! http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/24-live-another-day-series-3512272
- CW making The Flash, spinning off of Arrow
- Kevin Spacey is the villain in COD Advanced Warfare http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/kevin-spacey-evils-it-up-in-first-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer/
- Project Morpheus and the light on the dualshiock 4 controller http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/08/dualshock-4-light-bar-created-for-project-morpheus
- Destiny could be the most-expensive video game ever made, with the budget allegedly set at $500 million. Pirates of the carribian is the most expensive movie at 300 million.
- Battlefront will be at E3! EA’s press conference is scheduled for Monday, June 9http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/new-star-wars-battlefront-game-making-an-appearance-at-e3/
- Epic Games Reveals Free, Crowdsourced Unreal Tournament running on the Unreal Engine 4 and released for FREE! Not F2P… free.
- Shadowgate pre-orders are up! http://www.zojoi.com/shadowgate-2/
- Dying light gets pushed back to February 2015! 🙁 Amazon revealed that “Dying Light” release date will be on March 31, 2014 however once development of the game kept on progressing, the “Dying Light” release date was changed to December 31, 2014, which means that “Dying Light” will not be released on March but the release date will be sometime this 2014. http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/open-world-zombie-game-dying-light-gets-pushed-back-to-2015/
- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134292-Pokemon-Remakes-Omega-Ruby-and-Alpha-Sapphire-Announced?fb_action_ids=10201987553629716&fb_action_types=og.likes
- Shaq fu successfully funded and now goes into production. http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686996/shaq-fu-sequel-successfully-crowdfunded
- “We Must Go Deeper” on Steam Greenlight, a roguelike, Jules Verne Inspired, co-op game.
- Nintendo posted a 46.4 billion yen operating loss ($456 million) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014, the company announced today in its fiscal earnings, marking the third consecutive annual operating loss for the company.
- New consoles for emerging markets from Nintendo? http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-08/nintendo-plans-to-sell-new-consoles-for-emerging-markets-in-2015.html